As you use Linux more and more you will find your way around an operating system that is growing in popularity with programmers due to its functionality and flexbility.
Getting to know a few popular commands will really help you to navigate the operating system with ease and will also grow your confidence and encourage you to develop further.
We have listed below a few Linux commands that you may not have come across before. The script for these commands can be found on any number of Linux chat forums.
- There is a command for breaking up huge chunks of data into more manageable chunks which become much easier to manipulate
- ISOF is a great command which helps you open files and also find out which ports may be open.
- filename.bak is a great command if your working on something precious and need to do a quick back up
- YOu can also capture a video on a linx desktop using a simple command
- For something amusing there is the fortune commad which will display a quote or something amusing and insipirational
- THere are many funny Linux shell commands to be found on the internet for when you need some down time!
The key to learning is to have fun and really be engaged in a product. The more you try these commands, learn the lingo and explore the parameters of of Linux the more